Mr. Eriksen began teaching at Ballet San Jose School in 2008 and was promoted to Senior Faculty in 2012 and Principal Faculty in 2014. In 2016 Mr. Eriksen was named Principal of The New Ballet School in San Jose, where he taught and choreographed for all levels.
Mads Eriksen is a ABT® Certified Teacher, who has successfully completed the ABT® Teacher Training Intensive in Pre-Primary through Level 7 of the ABT® National Training Curriculum. Since 2015 Mr. Eriksen has been a National Training Curriculum Fellow, successfully presenting students for exams from level 1 to level 7. Mr. Eriksen is a sought after guest teacher. Teaching at various schools such as, American Ballet Theatre's JKO, The Royal Danish Ballet School, The University of Utah, Regional Dance America's National Festival and Ballet West Academy.
Mads Eriksen has created several neoclassical ballets most notably:
- Bachnias Brasilieres, Ballet San Jose School 2012
- Lark, Ballet San Jose School 2013
- Concerto No. 4, Ballet San Jose School 2013
- Concerto Grosso, Silicon Valley Ballet School 2014
- Influx, Spector Dance 2014
- Salute to Bournonville, Silicon Valley Ballet School 2014
- Serenade for Strings, Silicon Valley Ballet School 2015
- Desdemona, The New Ballet Studio Company 2016
- Canzoneta, Sacramento Ballet Youth Ensemble 2016
- Day Dream, The New Ballet Studio Company 2016